- Reporting to Regional Finance Director, Singapore
- Reporters : 8 HR Staff Based at various location in south India
- Plant Employees Size : 3500 employees including offrole
- Qualification : Post Graduation - Degree / Diploma in Human Resource (Full Time)
- Professional Qualification : Degree or Diploma in Labour Law would be an added advantage; though, not mandatory
- Experience : Minimum 20 years experience preferably in labour intense manufacturing set up
- Leadership Exposure : Minimum 3 years in General Manager or above grade of functioning preferred
- Industry Preference : HR professionals from plant/manufacturing background working with MNCs (European) , Overseas assignments or Top rated Indian Brands (talent with western mindset) preferred.
- Age : Below 52 years
- A strong HR specialist having skills for setting up strong & transparent systems from scratch relating to Statutory Compliances at all locations especially factories; Performance Management, Talent Development, Employee Relations and especially Rewards
- Will have had experience partnering with a senior client group preferably in a corporate environment and be able to coach, influence and engage leaders and managers
- Will be willing to travel frequently to the factories, to set up the Statutory & HR systems & process in place
- Review the existing HR systems & processes and ensure robust process in line with the best business practices
- Ensure 100% Statutory compliances at the factories and Chennai office.
- Actively Champion and implement change quickly with minimal disruption.
- Manage communications, risk and uncertainty with resilience and credibility.
- Ensure that implications for employees are managed effectively.
- Ensure ethical business practices relating to fair wages & salaries, adequate health & safety facilities set up a fair & transparent performance appraisal system with Key Performance Indicators including Balanced Scorecard and 360 degrees feedback system .
- Ensure effective committees relating to Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) & Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) activities of the company
- Ensure SMETA compliances.
- Ensure continuous labor supply vide labor contractor and employee contracts
- Manage the complete life cycle from sourcing the best talent from diverse sources like references, advertisements, job portals, consultants etc.,
- Identifying the talent pool & develop the employees vide trainings, employees performance appraisal process and employees exit clearance formalities.
- Work in conjunction with all teams spread across multiple locations, to provide the business with an effective HR service, based on a deep understanding of business environment, strategy and people management implications.
- Actively lead and motivate people and promote unity to meet the common objective of the company's goals
- Proactively challenge the established organizational structure to drive superior performance.
- Identify alternative organization design solutions and recommend actions to achieve the most effective solution taking full account of local context.
- Ensure 100% HR related statutory compliances at the factories and Chennai office
- Ensure robust HR related systems
- Labor sourcing vide labor contractors
- Payroll process
- Ensure 100% of staff has labor contracts and a unique personnel file in place
- Automated & accurate attendance reports from the Biometric systems
- Maintain clear audit trail of all related documents i.e. KYC documents for each employee, Personnel folders for each employee, Attendance from biometric systems, payroll generation from the HRMs system, Bank payouts, Monthly payroll reconciliation etc
- Ensure 100% compliances relating to HR for SMETA / ETI Audit
- Ensure implementation of Code of Conduct policy
- Ensure smooth implementation of HR Policies including for recruitment, Job descriptions, selection, induction, orientations, employees training & development, employee travels and for all routine functional operations of the company.
- Optimize resources and maintain HRIS (Human Resource Information system), manage complete employee life cycle and ensure fair & transparent performance appraisals vide setting up KPIs for all employees
- Ensure statutory compliances (PF, ESI, Labor Department records, Bonus & Gratuity payments & records); attendance management; payroll management including minimum wages, overtime payments & others; Manage Expat employees insurance policies;
- Ensure Employment / Labor contracts for all employees, issue timely merit increments letters, Job Descriptions for all positions / employees
- Identify the talent pool, training needs of employees and ensure training schedules post management approvals
- Proactively ensure compliance with Ethical Trade Initiatives (ETI) and Sedex Members Ethical Trade Activities (SMETA)
- Implement Travel policy and ensure to stay within budget (optimum travel costs)
- Facilitate the closure of Factory Inspectors audits / Visits
- Facilitate closure of employee related issues and manage labor unrest, if any
- Ensure timely renewals of all required permits & licenses from the statutory bodies, for factories & office locations
- Optimize contribution of all staff through performance management and coaching.
- Responsible for a clear communication process within Indian entity (right tools)
- Budget control (HR budget)
Salary: INR 30,00,000 - 35,00,000 P.A. Negotiable based on experience and skillset
Industry:FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area:HR, Recruitment, Administration, IR
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MBA/PGDM - HR/Industrial Relations
Harvas Management Solutions Pvt Ltd